OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE "OFFICIAL RULES" AND THAT THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
PLEASE NOTE BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE YOU ARE PROVIDING INFORMATION TO GIGINEWYORK.COM
2. Eligibility. The GiGi New York Launch Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years old or older at the time of entry; and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), that have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside by the start date of this Contest as identified below. Employees of GiGi New York. or Graphic Image and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible.
3. Entry. The Contest will begin at 12:01a.m. EST on Nov 15, 2012, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Dec 30, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). One winner will be chosen at random and notified by email.
Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases GiGi New York from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which GiGi New York may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. GiGi New York reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
GiGi New York (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred, illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account submitted with the entry. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
3. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Winner shall receive One (1) GiGi New York handbag. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Contest may be presented in multiple presentations and in other media, and the odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Contest through such multiple presentations.
4. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner shall be notified via email on or about Jan. 15, 2013. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
5. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
6. Disclaimers. By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor, Graphic Image and their respective corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, employees and agents of each of them (collectively, the "Contest Entities") will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from any participant's acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize(s), travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in the Contest, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Entities will not be responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if, at its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Prizes may be substituted for other prizes of equal value, based on availability. Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
7. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of New York, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. General Release. By entering the Contest, contestants release any and all Contest Entities and any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
9. PLAYING CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to investigate and verify any prize winner and disqualify any winner who it finds, in its sole judgment, has not complied with these Official Rules. Entries which are, or are in any part defective, duplicated, plagiarized, forged, counterfeited, or tampered with in any way, or contain or are the result of, seeding, mechanical, electronic, digital or computer, or other errors, are void.
Winner and verification determinations are made by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
10. Sponsor. The GiGi New York Launch Contest is sponsored by Graphic Image, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact GiGi New York – Public Relations Department.
11. NO TAMPERING: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. NO ARTIFICIAL METHODS: Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and persons using any such methods will be disqualified. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
13. WINNERS LIST: For name of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: GiGi New York Launch Sweepstakes Winners, 305 Spagnoli Road, Melville, NY 11747.